• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign wont save/update file on a server (ok on desktop). Since Big Sur upgrade.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am experiencing issues where InDesign won't save/update file on our work server since Big Sur (V 11.4) upgrade (this did NOT occur on Catalina). Requires me to "save as" file to save any new changes, and will not overwrite current file or old file. I have also updated InDesign to the latest version (16.3.1), and have tried saving as an IDML but have not found anything to work. 

This doesn't happen with Photoshop or Illustrator, although I have also noticed there is some lag in saving files for these programs. 

Has anyone experienced this, and have a solution for fixing it (other than reverting back to Catalina).

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try resetting your InDesign preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

===================

If that isn't working

You could try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

====

To be honest, sounds like an issue with your server and big sur.

Not entirely sure though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines