Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign workspace

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I have problem that indesign not saving my workspace and starts with the default workspace and i must do it manually again.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving to a new workspace with no InDesign  documents open,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried, but  it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Try resetting the InDesign preferences, see if that resolves the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign version : 16.4

I also tried to reset and delete all preferences but also the same result 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @M.Elgammal:

You are sharing a screenshot of the Essentials workspace. Have you actually saved the workspace using a new name via Window > Workspace > New Workspace?

Custom workspaces are saved by default in the Workspaces folder, shown below. Do you have permission to save into the Workspaces folder?

ws.png

When you save a custom workspace, it doesn't matter if files are open, or not. I always teach my students to create them with an open document.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barb Binder 

yes already made custom workspace and it's already saved, but not running as the default workspace.

when i open an indesign file, its work with Essentials workspace again by default not my customised workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this for me by deleting the Essentials workspace and having Indesign recreate it. After I deleted I was able to use my custom workspace and not have it keep resetting to Essentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. This is not typical behavior. I suggest you create a new user account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac) and run your CC apps there. Let us know if you see similar behavior there.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank U @Anshul_Saini 

I already fix this problem by uninstall adobe creative cloud, delete all preferences and install it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Suitcase Fusion running? I had the issue fixed. Then I just updated Fusion, which installs new plugins. The issue returned. Removed the Suitcase auto-activation and the issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u @davecourtemanche 

I already fix this problem by uninstall adobe creative cloud, delete all preferences and install it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines