• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - zoom unpredictable goes back and forth between scrubby and marquee

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the experience of the zoom mode changing unpredictably. It may be related to my two work stations: I work on a MacBook Pro and go back and forth between home and office, connecting to two different desktop screens. I haven't observed closely enough to see if the change happens with changing monitors, but it wouldn't make sense if it did anyway. 

I work well enough with both modes, but it's very annoying.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Update macOS to Big Sur or above if not done already
  • Manually reset preferences & caches:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.InDesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.InDesign.old and
    launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud app
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Anshul.

I may do this sometime when I'm not slammed with work. At the moment, the cure is worse than the disease.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines