Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej!

I need help to create e-books with InDesign the book is written in pdf files and I can't turn them to epub files with InDesign I've tried but it's very difficult.

I'm ready to pay if someone can help me, I have 4 books that has 44 pages it's the same book in 4 languages, it includes the book front and text with approximately 10 pictures.
Jag behöver hjälp med att skapa E-böcker via Adobe InDesign.
I nuläget har jag 4 böcker, varje bok är 44 sidor kort.
Det är både text och bilder med, samt framsida.
Jag har skrivit in böckerna i fråga på Adobe InDesign, men lyckas ej att konvertera dem till EPUB-filer (flödande format).

(mailto: jonathanluigi@hotmail.com)
Thankful for all answers 

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about reflowable EPUB files which can be read in different fonts sizes and which flow from page to page? Or fixed format EPUB files?

It would be very difficult to convert PDFs which are fixed format to reflowable EPUBs. Their structures are completely different. 

If you had access them, you'd be much more successful to create either format from the original InDesign files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve has it correct. PDF are not source files except in a very rough sense — you can export them to Word and then use that (rough) Word file to rebuild a document in InDesign. But there's no way to go from PDF to EPUB. (There may be freeware/self-publishing tools out there that do such an odd conversion, but I wouldn't put much stock in any such.)

If you can't get the original InDesign (or formatted Word) files, about your only path is to export the PDFs to Word, then use the PDF as a visual guide to reformat the document in InDesign, using care to follow all the rules and guidelines that lead to a successful ebook export. (Which, for the most part, are not the same as those for print productions.)

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines