• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesigns Quits on Apple

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2021 crashes when I press the Copy button (shortcut or right click), I have a Macbook Pro with the new silcon chip, I wonder if this is the problem?

There seems to be no fix, I have undownloaded and reinstalled the programme and have been saving files as idml in the interim.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and how should I fix it?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign CC 2021 do you have? If your version is below 16.3 then it is not running natively on your M1 Mac. Rather it is using emulation software called Rosetta 2 in order to work. InDesign versions before 16.3 had a number of issues working on Rosetta 2. The most up to date version of CC 2021 is 16.4. If you don't have that then try updating to it. CC 2022 is also now available (version 17.0.1) and should be even more compatible with the M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im ussing the newest version of indesign, build for m1 mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode  (Mac) & Root account (Mac) and try the steps suggested on the community post & help article and let us know how it goes.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines