• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesigns snapping sucks big time

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does indesign snap my objects to random spots? And NEVER to my guidelines and margins? You know, the lines you put there to easily put your objects in the right spot?

How is this such a big problem? I litteraly cramp up because I am trying to zoom in as far as I can and put my objects in the right place.

This is costing me so much time and therefore money. Money the greedy Adobe tribe will not ever give back. Am switching to Affinity next month, trying it out for the summer.

Does anybody have any other sofrtware I might wanna try out to make pdfs for print, instead of InDesign?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniël,

snapping to guides should work as expected. Best turn off Snapping to Document Grid if you try that.

I see no issues with snapping to guides with InDesign 2021 on my Windows 10 machine.

Laptop with a 1920 x 1080 screen. UI not scaled.

What is your operating system and how are the specs of your monitor?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you have View>Grids & Guides>Snap to Guides turned on? Check your Snap to Zone in Preferences>Guides and Pasteboard—try something like 10px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines