• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndesignServer Debugging Problem with ESTK

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are having some problems with our Indesign Server which gets all Files that are stored on the Server and render itafter than to  complete new PDF. Now were coming to an Issue that one File will not be imported (it stucks). We builded another IndesignServer for Debugging and wanted to try the Debugtool ExtendedScript Toolkit, but it seems its not working properly, the debug server runs but the tool does not find the server even if i attach the correct version of the server. So all in all it will not work...

If anybody has some good Information about how to use this tool would be amazing, the documentation is not so well written.

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESTK is a tool that is not going to be enhanced futher by Adobe, so if you are starting with setting up the debugging environment its better you use the new tool which is a VSCode extension. See the documentation below

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Adobe.extendscript-debug&ssr=false

For ESTK, you could try executing a script with $.writeln() on an IDS instance. This would trigger the console of ESTK and then hopefully you should IDS listed in the ESTK dropdown

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for fast reply, yeah im already using the vsc extension, but i often dont work with VSC, so its a bit new for me. How can i execute the command on an new Instance, because we have the problem our server which is installed is 17.4 but with estk the server versions are restricted to 17.0 and to attach a new serverconfig in the .json does not work.

Paul25964061yp2q_0-1664191682191.png

Paul25964061yp2q_1-1664191708997.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With ESTK, use sampleclient to execute a script with $.writeln("Hello") statement in it, this should hopefully refresh the list available to ESTK.

For VSCode, I have personally not configured it with IDS and nor do I currently have access to IDS so that I can play around. There is a section in the link I provided above called "InDesign Server (or When Host Applications Go Rogue)" that should have some information useful to your use case.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines