• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesing crash when export to pdf

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a problem with Indesing ver. 18.2.1 x64. My operating system is Windows 10 22H2.

For a few days, indesing closes spontaneously and I don't know the reason. Today I updated it to the latest version and it keeps happening. One of the times I was exporting to pdf but it also happens to me creating a file.
Can you help me?
Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I detected that this is when i am editing a file big (500MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you embedding graphics? Stop doing that as it can lead to very large file sizes and corruption. If that's not the case, export the file to IDML and open that to continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Grupo28907696klbi ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

1. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  2. Are you exporting the file locally or on any network drive or shared folder?
  3. If it's happening with multiple files, would you mind testing on a new file with just a shape with fill and trying exporting to pdf and checking if it works?
  4. If exporting a shape with fill works, would you mind exporting just a text and seeing if that goes through?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @BobLevine already mentioned - do the IDMLing.

If you don't embed graphics - then maybe you are constantly doing ONLY Save - without doing Save As with a new name?

The problem with InDesign is in how it saves files - every time you save - it stores previews and Undo history. Previews are of course useful - but Undo history is inaccessible when you close your file - but still remains in the INDD file - that's why you need to do Save As with a new name from time to time - at least daily.

Save As with a new name is kind of housekeeping for your file - refreshes previews and gets rid of Undo history. 

But in case of more strange behavior of the file - unexplained crashes or slowness - IDMLing is the next best step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines