Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesing is just shutting down

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
Whenever I try to open InDesign or a file of Indesign it just shuts down. Sometimes the program starts ... sometimes it even opens the file. But one second later there comes a ... sorry, I dont know the english word for it ... a window where it is sayed, that a wrong occoured and I shal help to solve it and tell them what happend. I did that ... but I have a lot of work to do and no time to wait. Do you have any clue what I shall do? And yes ... I tried to restart my PC.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Sorry for answering this late, trying to get the lost work-time back. 

My problem got already solved in a Chat by a nice worker of Adobe. 

One of my files is completely crashed. And everytime I try to open it, it corruptes the whole program so any other file also shows the same error (without getting crashed itself really). By letting me made a new member on my PC (sorry, its hard to find the right english words) we got a perfect surrounding for a new try. There was no corrupt file. I loaded the A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Birgit2289702055yj

We are sorry about the crashing! I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, I will request you to please share a few more details like:

• OS & version of InDesign
  • Does the crash happen randomly or while opening a specific file?
  • Where are your files & links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/...) and help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html).

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
No, the problem isnt solved by now. I was in contact with a person from the Adobe Support Team. He made a remote connection to my computer and saw the problem for himself. He tried to delete the Adobe CC and reinstall it twice. But the problem was still there. I am waiting for an answercall right now. Hope he or another colleague of him will phone me soon. 

To your questions:
I work with windows 10.
All my Adobe programms (Photoshop and InDesign) are updated. Photoshop works just fine.
InDesign shuts down as soon as I try to open it. First it starts completely normal and as soon as it is finished and ready the window opens and tells me there is an error and InDesign has to shut down. I shall write into the window what happen and send it to Adobe. Sometimes InDesing starts completely fine and is ready to open any file. But as soon as I choose any fily the window pops up.
I work in the clowed. All my datas are saved there. But I also tried to copy a InDesign file to my local computer desktop and open it there ... same error.

If you have any suggestions what else I could do, I am glad to read about it. Otherwise I will just wait for the call ... hope to get it soon.
Thank you for your kind help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Sign out of the Creative Cloud app.

Use the Adobe CC Cleaner to uninstall

• InDesign,
  • ID Credentials

Sign back into the Creative Cloud app.

Reinstall InDesign.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support, but as I wrote above, the person of Adobe already tried that twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of the file (in the Explorer) with a different name.

Start InDesign without opening the file.

Close InDesign.

Open it again and open the duplicated file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support!
I made the copy of an InDesign file, gave it a different name. I opend InDesign ... had to do it twice, because the error also comes from time to time without an file involved. But at my second try InDesign opend without the error. I closed it without opening any file. Then I started InDesign again, no error this time, and then opend the copy-file. The error was still there.

But anyway! Still thanks for the try! Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the @Willi Adelberger suggestion. I would request you to please share a sample file in which you get the error. Also, please share the screenshot of the error. We will check the file at our end. It would be really helpful for us.

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for answering this late, trying to get the lost work-time back. 

My problem got already solved in a Chat by a nice worker of Adobe. 

One of my files is completely crashed. And everytime I try to open it, it corruptes the whole program so any other file also shows the same error (without getting crashed itself really). By letting me made a new member on my PC (sorry, its hard to find the right english words) we got a perfect surrounding for a new try. There was no corrupt file. I loaded the Adobe CC down and created a new file. Everything worked just fine. I opend an old file, it worked fine. I opened the corrupted file and we got the error again. So we knew this one was the corrupted file.
The answer was to delete the one file and start my PC new and I could work on like nothing ever happend. To loose this one file was not too bad, because it was only a text-file and I had an PDF of it that wasnt too old. I could copy the text from the pdf, put it in a new InDesing-file and the work goes on! 

For your question of a picture of the error-window: I really would have liked to share the text of the error with you. But all that window sayed was: "Error. InDesing has to be shut. Please tell us what happened and send it to us." There was no spezific text about the error. 

Anyway ... you guys are great! Thank you all for your support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to hear that, @Birgit2289702055yj. I checked with the internal team, and they confirmed the issue was with a specific file. Now, as you have located this culprit file, would it be possible for you to share it with us. So, we can check it at our end. We will examine it and try to find the issue.

Looking forward to that file. I hope you haven't deleted it yet.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

Yes of course, I still have the file and of course I am interested in making InDesign safer and better. Where shall I send the file to? Some Mail-Adress?

Regards,
Birgit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Birgit2289702055yj. We'd really appreciate it. You may upload the file to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM. To send a DM, click on my profile picture and click on "Send a message."

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for not loading the file up. The problem is, that the file contains a story not jet published. I am not allowed to share it, as long as it isnt published. It should be published in the next few months. I will send it to you afterwards.

Regards,

Birgit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. I can understand that. We will wait for it to get published and will be looking forward to it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines