Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inherit Zoom not working with bookmarks in Interactive PDF in InDesign v15.1.2

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy team.

I've created an interactive document for call centre staff and need to have some buttons spread out across the document that navigate to certain topics for quick and easy data entry. One pain point I have though, is that the inherit zoom setting I've applied to my buttons appears to be changing the zoom to fit the entire page on the screen.

Steps I've taken to design this:

1. Create bookmarks in InDesign

2. Create buttons with "Go to destination" action

3. Under action settings, selected "Inherit Zoom"

4. I've also tried changing the zoom default settings in acrobat pro. 

Any solutions to this? Unforuntately I cannot share the document for company privacy reasons.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the issue. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign & Acrobat
  • Is the issue related to this specific document, or it happens in other documents as well? If yes, could you please try to create a document with the same workflow mentioned above and use sample text and see if the issue is still there? If yes, share this sample document with us. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or can share via DM.
  • Did this happen all the time, or it started happening recently? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, thanks for getting back to me. 

I'm hoping there is a very simple step I am missing. 

• OS and version of InDesign & Acrobat - MACOS-10.15.7, InDesign 15.1.2, Acrobat Pro DC 2021.005.20058
  • I've just trialed two different test documents and the behaviour is the same. (See attached here). When you click the button, no matter what you are zoomed into, it changes to 64.9% upon arrival at the destination.
  • This is the first time I've used this feature so I have no prior experience to reference this with. 
  • No recent changes to my system. This is a relatively new MacBook too (<12 months)

FYI: I am exporting as interactive PDF and not selecting "create tagged pdf" or "Create adobe layers"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would request you to please the original ID sample file created for this PDF file you have shared above.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having the same problem and I am using InDesign 17.0.1 and Acrobat Pro DC 2020 on a PC. When I create a PDF from a FrameMaker file, inherit zoom works fine. But with InDesign, it keeps reverting back to fit entire page. This has happened with every PDF file I've exported from InDesign, and it's been going on through several updates. I've attached two PDF files -- one made from ID and the other from FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jmyers2,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I was unable to replicate the issue. I checked on v17.1 of InDesign running on macOS v12.2. Would it be possible for you to share a download link to a sample InDesign document? I will check at my end. Also, please check and ensure Inherit zoom is selected. I am attaching a test InDesign & PDF file.

Anshul_Saini_0-1644186573208.png

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jmyers2,

I'm having the same problem. It looks like you have used the TOC function in InDesign. I've since learned that auto-generated TOCs and bookmarks from InDesign don't work with Inherit Zoom in Adobe PDFs. See here: https://accessible-digital-documents.com/blog/pdf-links-zoom/

It should be noted that some links cannot be edited in this way. These include InDesign auto-generated tables of content and bookmarks. These should always be manually generated in InDesign, using Hyperlink Destinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you have to set your zoom per bookmark in Acrobat. InDesign does not set this.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, Thanks for the clarification. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines