• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert check symbol

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone sent me a document with check marks and crosses in it. I have to work in that document now, but the checks and crosses have been replaced by threes and sevens. The font is missing from the check marks and crosses, but I don't know how to fix this. I think it's the font, but I'm not sure.
Attached is a photo of the document.Screenshot (17).png

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font is indeed missing, that's what the pink highlighting means. You need to fix all of the fonts, not just the ones used for the check marks. What are the fonts used, and do you have them? If not you may have to pay for a license and install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font used for the check marks and crosses is 'ZapfDingbats regular'.

The rest of the fonts that are missing are attached below.

Screenshot (18).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't necessarily need to use the same fonts as the original, you can replace them with another font that you already own IF the change is acceptable to the client.

From the information given it is impossible to say what the original font is, but the number substitution suggests to me that an old dingbat font of some sort was used for the symbols and a different font for the text, rather than a modern unicode font with both alphanumeric and symbol glyphs. This may cause problems down the road and if that is the case it is probably time to update the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you posted the fonts while I was typing.

The Helvetica Neue is at least a new opentype font, the others apparently truetype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am going to try updating the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ET 5CF9 ,

the one who sent you the document should package the document so you'll get a Document fonts folder with the used font files. If the font licenses allow that, of course.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines