Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Excel file that has vertical lookup formule

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to import an Excel file that has vertical lookup formula in it. When I place it in InDesign: all the 'hard' text will show, but all the cells that have a formula in it show '-1'. Is there a way I can bypass this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need a cell that converts the formula to plain text -and use that instead of the formula cell.

Others suggest saving as a XLS 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/place-from-excel-spreadsheet-not-showing-formatted-font/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Too bad InDesign can't 'communicate' with these types of Excel. I did the conversion method to copy and paste it with text. It works, but would be nicer if I wouldn't have to do that step. 

But thanks for your reply Eugene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines