• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install PPD InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently had to reinstall the OS (Monterey) on my Mac. In the InDesign 2022 > Presets Folder I created a PPDs folder and pasted in the ADPDF9.PPD. After rebooting InDesign, I cannot see the option in the print dialog box. Someone, please help me figure out why this isn't working. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Given the sensitivity of the copy paste that you described, I decided to download a fresh copy of the ADPDF9.PPD file, put it in a new PPDs folder on my desktop, and then retried the drag-copy. It is now working. Was it the file, the folder, or that it was dragged from a cloud-based drive that prevented it working the first 10 times? Anyone's guess, but solution found. Thank everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be because of how you put it there. Instead of pasting, drag-copy the PPD into the folder. You should be presented with an authentication dialog to do so as anything you add to applications folders need to be authorized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried copy paste, and drag and drop. Both required an authentication. I also tried dragging in a PPDs folder rather than making a new one. All same result. No update in the print dialogs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the sensitivity of the copy paste that you described, I decided to download a fresh copy of the ADPDF9.PPD file, put it in a new PPDs folder on my desktop, and then retried the drag-copy. It is now working. Was it the file, the folder, or that it was dragged from a cloud-based drive that prevented it working the first 10 times? Anyone's guess, but solution found. Thank everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remember to set the Printer to Postscript File?

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and under in the PPD drop down I only see the physical printers that I've installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines