Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Installing Indesign 13.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry if this is going to be a really simplistic question but this is all completely new to me I'm afraid! I have a recent Adobe CC membership and access to all the latest versions of everything, but my work has asked my to use Indesign 13.1.1 because of certain scripts and things that they run. And I can't figure out how to download and install this version! Can someone help? (and please try to explain it as simply as possible like you're talking to a child because I don't know any of the lingo!) Thanks!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a few issues to deal with.

Adobe no longer suports CC2018. There are installers for download at https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

But since there is no support, you probably won't get updates for it, even if you can activate, so you might be stuck at 13.0 if that's what gets installed.

Then, you have to consider what system you are installing on. e.g. If you are on a Mac with anything newer than Mojave, you're out of luck. (I'm personally not up on the Windows limitations, but I'm sure others will chime in).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much! I am on a Mac with Big Sur so perhaps sounds like I'm out of luck. Might be time for my work to update what they're doing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roaringmousegraphics,

there are no issues running InDesign CC 2018 on the current version of Windows 10.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought as much, but I didn't want to say. I just had a feeling the OP was Mac-based. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is a professional publishing application with a steep learning curve. Having got InDesign installed, I suggest you get some training - a useful resource is LinkedIn Learning online video training. You can get 30-days free access.

Return to this friendly forum with particular questions if (when!) you get stuck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, I'm going to get trained up. Will just be accessing the files to do a few tweaks, nothing complicated. I am no designer! I'll take a look at the LinkedIn training too, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LinkedIn Learning have a tutorial, by Nigel French, on InDesign for editors - it might suit you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hannahc8748482,

if your work ( customer? co-workers? ) requires you to use perhaps 3rd-party plug-ins for extra functionality or certain scripts that do only run on InDesign CC 2018 you need a different machine perhaps. A machine that is able to run either an older Mac OS version that is compatible with CC 2018 or you have to switch to Windows if the plug-ins are also written for the Windows version of CC 2018.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

And you have to live with the fact that you cannot update from 13.0.0 to 13.1.1.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the helpful response given earlier, I'd recommend checking put Srishti Bali's response on this community post to know more about Adobe's software support policy.

I am sure it'd help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines