• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Buttons Resetting Themselves

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 55-page InDesign document with sidebar icons that act as navigable buttons. When clicked in PDF, the buttons redirect the viewer to specific sections within the document ("home" button returns to first page, "about" button goes to about pages, etc.), all referencing bookmarked sections. There are many similar icons within the document that act as jump-to buttons.

Problem is, each time I save the document (or export to interactive PDF and return to the original INDD document), the buttons reset themselves to the top-most bookmark in the list, the "about" page. I am then forced to reprogram every single button (there are 25) when I send another version to the client. I have yet to find a workaround or solution to this problem.

Can anyone here help? Is this an InDesign bug? I am using the most current version of InDesign, version 2022.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

I can not replicate the issue, there might be corruption in your file. First try saving an IDML, open this file in Indesign and test.

Another thing to try, instead of bookmarks as the destination, try using a text anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can not replicate the issue, there might be corruption in your file. First try saving an IDML, open this file in Indesign and test.

Another thing to try, instead of bookmarks as the destination, try using a text anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines