• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Check Boxes Issue

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to create a basic Yes and No check list in indesign and have the boxes recognize in Acrobat as checkable boxes. I have man issues with Acrobat recognizing them properly so i decided to use the interactive panel in InDesign, which has worked great at being recognized in Acrobate, BUT the physical box I drew as the check box does not appear in the PRINT pdf, its just a blank area. The interactive PDF has the blue field area, but i am not sure why the stroke of the box is gone in the PDFs once i apply a interactive button to it. This is using up to date InDesign, and is happening on the Mac and on the PC. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Form items and their related images are separate. To make the form fields show up in the print document, you also have to have a drawn box with a fill and a stroke.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Box drawn with rectangle tool and selected. Black stroke, no fill (Choose the colors you want to use as long as stroke and fill are not set to NONE.).

image.png

In Buttons and Forms panel, choose Checkbox.

image.png

File > Export. Choose PDF Interactive.

image.png

In the Export dialog box, choose Include All.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara, That is exactly what i did. Black stoke, white fill. I select the box > interactive > Button & Forms > Check Box, everything is exactly as your screen shots show. I export it first as Print PDF so the client can proof, and the check boxes do not show up. The physcal box is not on the print PDF and it should, I know it made the box interactive but it has a pphysical stroke and should be printable. The interactive PDF has all the check box fields properly but does not have the the stroke and drop shadow look on it, just see the field. First image is what it looks like in InDesign, second the press ready PDF, third the interactive. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 7.58.34 AM.png

ā€ƒ

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 7.55.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 7.54.57 AM.png

ā€ƒā€ƒ

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One step missing.

After drawing the rectangle, you need to duplicate the rectangle, turn the duplicate into a check box using the Buttons and Forms panel, then line up the two rectangles on top of one another. 

The first rectangle is the appearance. The second rectangle that was turned into a check box will act as the checkbox itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in this thread you need to create the border of the radio element in Acrobat. The appearance created in Indesign will not be retained into PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interactive > Buttons and Forms > PDF Options  > make sure the Printable switch is turned on? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines