Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive ebook for my website

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I want to create an interactive ebook with Adobe InDesign and put a link on my website for visitors to follow.  If at some point in the future I cancel my InDesign subscription, will my visitors still be able to view the ebook? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

FXL ePub YES

InDesign's Publish Online NO

Interactive PDF YES

in5 YES

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any exported data stays accessible, except it is an Adobe service (like on-line publish), that is linked to having an active subscription. See also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/publishing-online-indesign-what-happens-if-you-c...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FXL ePub YES

InDesign's Publish Online NO

Interactive PDF YES

in5 YES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make sure I understand:

I could create an interactive document (video, animation etc.) with InDesign and export it as "FXL ePub"; "Interactive PDF"; or "in5" and this would give me the ability to put a link on my website which visitors could click and it would take them to this document.   The document would still exist even if I later cancelled my InDesign subscription.

Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't successfully have an Interactive PDF for distribution that contains video. Best to have a hyperlink to an external site, such as a YouTube video, or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I could create an interactive document (video, animation etc.) with InDesign and export it as "FXL ePub"; "Interactive PDF"; or "in5" and this would give me the ability to put a link on my website which visitors could click and it would take them to this document.  "

No. 
- you can export as FXL epub, but you can't just put that in a web site and link to it. FXL epubs are used with ebook readers, not web page links

- you can link to interactive PDF but as noted, you need to forget video

- IN5 is not a format you export to. It is extra paid-for software. ($20-$70 per month) It does export HTML, and is that is made for putting on a web site.

Don't expect to just make it and you can stop paying. The chances are good that you will need to make corrections, both large and small, for which you'll need to pay. I can't recommend such a plan; better to find a different tool if your finances don't stretch to that. It will probably also take much longer than you imagine to master. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  Thanks to everyone for their feedback.  I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also note that not all ebooks can be "put on a web site". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to get an idea for designing check out the website. may be you will get your ans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines