• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Form Fields Moved or Copied Changes Name by Appending a "letterspace+number".

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC 2022 v17.2 in Interactive PDF to create Playbooks. Many books can use a common page but moving page to another document or copied, adds a "letterspace+number" to the form field name. If there is a work around, I have not found it. Maybe a script? Currently, I visit each form field and remove the "letterspace+number".

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kind of interactivity you can rely on in an Interactive PDF is limited to things like simple links to other pages and external websites. Can you explain what you want your Playbook to be able to do, maybe another format, such as InDesign's Publish Online or FXL ePub may be more suitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playbooks are using hyperlinks that open target image files, procedures and Quick Reference Guides. Then left for customer. When complete, user submits PB and uses https and routes each PB to its own SharePoint list. We are anticipating to move to html5 but not for a year or two. We also have customer PB's that access same CMS for files, procedures and Quick Reference Guides. We have 2 differnt CMS so there are 2 versions each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be specific, my issue is with InDesign and creatung form fields. Any time I copy and paste a form field, or do a move page to another InDesign Interactive document, my form field name changes from "Date" to "Date 1". I need an option to move page while keeping the form field name the same.

Currently, the form field name has a number appended to name. If I copy "Date" 5x, the names would be

"Date, Date 1, Date 2, Date3, Date 4". I understand the reasoning but I can not create and use as a common page between other documens without cleaning up names. There are times this feature works very well for example, when I have a column and use step and repeat. My first field name is "Plate_1" and after using step and repeat, my field names are, "Plate_1, Plate_2, Plate_3, Plate_4 and Plate_5" which is perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines