Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Hover Button Trigger Issue

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've spent forever trying to solve this issue - The page has a number of buttons at the top-left of the screen, and when you select one of them, a diagram is made visible. Then, when you hover over one of the icons inside that diagram, some text is made visible on the left-hand side of the screen. Also, there is a 'Reset' button' that if someone clicks anywhere else on the screen clears any visible diagrams.

The issue I have is that they work for some of the buttons, but not all. For example, the hover buttons inside the 'General' diagram, are non-responsive; whereas, the buttons in 'Pallets' are responsive. I have been searching for some time to determine if there are any differences between the two buttons or where the issue might stem from with no luck.

I understand this is probably not the most proficient way of making this type of document, but I am not particularly proficient with the script.

I have attached of a copy of the INDD, and the interactive PDF where the issue is visible.

Having another set of eyes go over it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Interactive PDFs keep to simple hyperlinks, not multi-state buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Derek says, this type of thing is going to be very unreliable in a PDF even if you use Acrobat. In any third-party PDF reader, it's not likely to work at all.

I'm sorry, but this is not a good use of your time at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inconsistencies could have something to do with stacking orders and/or the fact that there must be "buttons" nested within other buttons, according to your description of the intended function. Basically, you're chasing ghosts here. Did it ever work as desired? Derek's and Bob's advice doesn't solve the issue, but is true and correct nonetheless. Even if you somehow got it sorted out, the hover features would be completely absent on any mobile device. "Hover" is effectively obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @W411K1ng_T411,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the problem by following our experts suggestions? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines