• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Pdf challenges

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for some insight on interactive pdf text entry. I've created several in InDesign for work. Some users are able to download them, save to desktop, and enter text no problem. Other users, including other computers in my own household, are not able to do this w/o the text shrinking when they switch to another item on the document. Or, they are limited to one sentence of text entry. Any thoughts? See all attachements. Attachments include instructions to end-user on how to download and then type into the pdfs once saved to desktop.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are telling people to use Preview. Don't. Preview is well known for breaking forms, your users MUST be told clearly to avoid it. Tell them to install Acrobat Reader, and to open in Acrobat Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Acrobat Reader to a computer that did not have it prior. I'm currently opening the interactive pdf on that computer, in AR.....and I'm only allowed one line of text. I downloaded the same document on another compter, in preview, and I was allowed to type several lines of text. This computer has Adobe, but I didn't use it to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader...only one line of text permitted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you made the text field in InDesign, did you check on Multiline?screenshot.png

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That panel can be opened via Window > Interactive > Buttons and Forms.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dan, thanks for the info, I was not the creator of these forms so I'm jumping in after a previous person no longer on staff. I followed the step you lined out and when I got to the page I was unabl eto enter any text or make changes in the buttons and forms, see attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select it with the selection tool. You have the type tool active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah got it! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In going through all my doc, and making sure they are multiline....all went well, with exception to one doc. I think I must have clicked something by accident. See attached. When I export from Indesign to Interactive pdf, the text on the first page of the document no longer shows up. The second page is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines