Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF - Delayed Clickable Interactions

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Here's a question for you all: I'm creating an interactive PDF, that is meant to be downloaded or viewed in browser. In one of the spreads, I have an interactive section where after a multiple choice question, you can reveal the correct answers (via simple show/hide buttons). Underneath this interactive cover, that's hiding the correct answers, there is another interactive element to view feedback on each specific multiple choice answer there is, as I needed to make it interactive to be able to fit all the feedback information on one page.

So the layout would be somewhat like this:
- Interactive Cover that's hiding everything below. It's clickable and just HIDES the cover, so the layer beneath is visible.
- Six interactive buttons that are clickable, each SHOWING specific feedback information on a topic, and HIDING the other five feedbacks (but not the buttons).

So here is what I'm encountering: on BROWSER, when I click to reveal the feedback options, and therefore, HIDE the cover, there's a slight delay before I can actually click on the six feedback option buttons. Is this because PDF gets confused when there are multiple interactive elements on top of each other, or just a processing issue on browser to read the file correctly?

See attached the first instance with the cover, and the second instance with the cover unhidden (mind you some stuff are hidden or scribbled on top for confediantiality purposes).

If anybody has any insights regarding this, that would be great! Thanks! 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond Acrobat/Reader on desktop, interactive PDF is nothing but a crapshoot and even there, these types of things can be wonky. My advice, if you need things to work in a browser, create a web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using InDesign's Publish Online instead of Interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's doubtful anyone can address the specific issue and offer something that would make it work better. Interactive PDF is an unpredictable platform due to the variety of desktop and mobile software that can be used to read and display your interactive features. You'll always be chasing niggles like this affecting performance, if not complete malfunction, of one element or another. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines