• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF RGB Colors Dulling

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that just started happining. I have several documents with Transparency Blend Space > RGB. When I export them as an interactive PDF, the color dulls (is it converting to CMYK?). I don't have this problem when exporting as a regular, High Quality Print PDF. And I didn't have this problem prior. I've gone back to old documents that have vibrant interactive PDF's and tried resaving those, and I get the same result. My INDD and Acrobat Pro are both current. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Hi @Verelle the change doesn’t look like an RGB to CMYK difference because the starting color looks like it is in gamut, and normally you wouldn’t see a color change on a CMYK to sRGB conversion—with interactive PDFs all color gets converted to sRGB. Does it happen if your document’s assigned RGB profile is sRGB (Edit>Assign Profiles)?

Also, check Color Setting and make sure Color Management hasn’t been turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Looks like I solved this by changing the color setting to North America General Purpose 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

There was a bug in the first version of CC2021 (16.0), that set Color Settings to Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off. The CMS Off setting strips the document’s color profiles and disables color managed conversions. You should be able to use any Color Settings other than CMS Off and get the correct conversion on an interactive PDF export.

You might want to check documents you have created since upgrading to CC2021 and make sure they have profile assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What colour space are your swatches?
Do they have an RGB or CMYK icon beside them?

All these swatches are CMYK

You can see the CMYK swatch beside them.

RGB swatches will have a RGB swatch

InDesign - colours out of Gamut

You'll see a warning

EugeneTyson_0-1641724047585.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verelle the change doesn’t look like an RGB to CMYK difference because the starting color looks like it is in gamut, and normally you wouldn’t see a color change on a CMYK to sRGB conversion—with interactive PDFs all color gets converted to sRGB. Does it happen if your document’s assigned RGB profile is sRGB (Edit>Assign Profiles)?

Also, check Color Setting and make sure Color Management hasn’t been turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day  

1) This is the color I've been using. I've been using this same orange in documents for years and the color has always been vivid, as previewed in INDD. I even went back and tested saving out old documents that had vivid interactive PDF's and the new version saves dull (old version looks great).

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 6.19.00 AM.png

2) INDD won't let me select Assign Profile

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 6.21.35 AM.png

3) Color Management is off. When I tried turning it on (Custom> sRGB), it won't allow me to export as an interactive PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I solved this by changing the color setting to North America General Purpose 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a bug in the first version of CC2021 (16.0), that set Color Settings to Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off. The CMS Off setting strips the document’s color profiles and disables color managed conversions. You should be able to use any Color Settings other than CMS Off and get the correct conversion on an interactive PDF export.

You might want to check documents you have created since upgrading to CC2021 and make sure they have profile assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines