• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive pdf share on other server and keep all buttons?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish an interactive pdf online all funtion work well under "indd.adobe.com", but what if I have to create a interact pdf for client? Can I publish the interactive online under client's server and work well like publish online in indesign? Export in html format or? Sorry I am new for that, thanks for your help! 🙂

TOPICS
EPUB , Feature request , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Interactive PDFs are only guaranteed to function properly using Acrobat 9 or above. Many other PDF viewers will not recognize the interactivity at all. As far as web use is concerned the success rate wih either an interactive PDF that uses buttons and forms from InDesign or a Print PDF that uses hyperlinks either created in InDesign or Acrobat or forms created directly in Acrobat the results are erratic. For example, I've seen hyperlinks from a Print PDF work correctly in Safari but get wonky in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is a different format from HTML. The PDF interactivity is limited to things like simple internal hyperlinks and links to external websites. Multi-state objects in PDFs will not work on smart phones or tablets. If you want that kind of interactivity, animations and video, stick to InDesign's Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Multi State Objects won't work at all in PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive PDFs are only guaranteed to function properly using Acrobat 9 or above. Many other PDF viewers will not recognize the interactivity at all. As far as web use is concerned the success rate wih either an interactive PDF that uses buttons and forms from InDesign or a Print PDF that uses hyperlinks either created in InDesign or Acrobat or forms created directly in Acrobat the results are erratic. For example, I've seen hyperlinks from a Print PDF work correctly in Safari but get wonky in Chrome and don't work at all in Firefox. Your best bet is really to either use a third party plug-in like In5 https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/?ref=footer or some other form of HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines