Interactive PDF - Text field that wraps automatically

Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

seeking helps from the community again.

So here is my problem:

I’m trying to create an Interactive PDF in InDesign, Our Clients needs to be able to input some text within the PDF using Adobe Acrobat, on the attached image file(IMG.jpg) on (Fig.1) can you see what I’m doing,

(Fig.3) that is the result that I’m trying to achieve, a simple Text Field that wraps automatically on the second Text Field when the first one is full.

(Fig.2) that is what I’m able to do.

I’ve already tried to do a text concatenation on the two Text Field, but it doesn't seem to work (same result as before).

Every help will be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

That MIGHT be achievable with javascript in Acrobat but not possible with the tools in InDesign.

Check the Acrobat forum but honestly, you are seriously overthinking this. Either create a separate field for name, street, city, etc or have on multi-line field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That MIGHT be achievable with javascript in Acrobat but not possible with the tools in InDesign.

Check the Acrobat forum but honestly, you are seriously overthinking this. Either create a separate field for name, street, city, etc or have on multi-line field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines