• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive PDF with buttons doesn't work in Flipsnack.com

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the interactive PDF works well in my own laptop and friends laptop when open with Acrobat Pro DC. However, when I upload to Flipsnack.com, all the buttons doesn't work. The published flipbook just looks like a print PDF, no internactive, no button shows. I tried to upload the same PDF to google drive and downloaded to my Andriod mobile, the interactive PDF also can't work well on my Andriod phone when I open with Acrobat Reader mobile version.

Anybody can help on this issue? Does interactive PDF  not popular nowdays anymore?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Yes, it seems to work OK on both my MacBook pro (OS 11.6) and my friend's Android phone, on which I can pinch and zoom.

It did seem to take a longish time to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick to simple hyperlinks - roll-over buttons won't work on devices like smart phones and tablets. You can use a word or words, or a shape or image for the link, but not multi-state objects. For things like a video, have a link to an external source such as YouTube or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some buttons to appear some graphics in the PDF. So this kind of functionality will not work on smart phone, right? If like so, it's really a pity. Any other possible solutions other than hyperlink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of third-party apps that allow some of the features you seek but you have to pay a monthly hosting fee.

Alternative formats  to PDF you might try are FXL ePub and InDesign's Publish Online, these are based on HTML5 and work on all devices and you can include the interactivity you want. The disdvantage of FXL ePub is the user needs to have an ePub reader installed, the disadvantage of Publish Online is the user needs to be online, though you can enable it so the user can download a (static) PDF version.  

Sadly there are no perfect solutions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek on those solutions. Am trying the publish onlie and it works well on Iphone with Chrome. But it seems not working very smooth on some Android phone (with Chrome too). I believe this will not be a problem which can be solved/discussed here. It may due to Android system, right? 

Anyway, thanks again Derek for your patient on responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a document I produced that uses Interactive PDF and Publish Online and is on PaperTurn (the equivalent to Flipsnack) – I've just tested on an Android G21 and is seems to work ok, both on Chrome and the Samsung browsers.

https://www.paperturn-view.com/?pid=MTk193284&v=24.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try open this publish online with Andriod phone? my Andriod phone can't zoom in/out the page. I can't read the small word when it shows the whole page. The button works well.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/1f3b214b-ff49-47b4-af8f-30332edd125a 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to work OK on both my MacBook pro (OS 11.6) and my friend's Android phone, on which I can pinch and zoom.

It did seem to take a longish time to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, It seems my Android mobile OS problem. Thanks for your time on this. I will use Publish Online function for this job to be done as a temporary solution.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Derek's reply, here are several sample documents that show you what can be done with Publish Online. The document that contains them is set to slide pages when viewed on a desktop.

Lots of possiblities for creating interactivity, as you can see:

https://adobe.ly/2yTI8OE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines