• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive PDF with vector logo?

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to export an interactive PDF from inDesign with vector icons?

I have an Illustrator icon linked and it gets pixelated when exported. I cannot find the option to export it as vector...

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

An interactive PDF should be able to support an Illustrator vector logo just fine.

(1) Make sure the Illustrator file has an up-to-date link when the PDF created.

(2) What PDF viewer are you using to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Thank you!

I think I found a solution, that is a bit complicated but solved the problem for now.

It still rastered the path from the illustrator file when exporting for interactive, but now i copied the path itself into my indesign document and with that it works fine. I put the illustrator file into the document as a reference (the left one). If you zoom in you can see, that the one in the low right corner doesnt lose quality (path in indesign) and in the left one the two people get pixolated. Bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interactive PDF should be able to support an Illustrator vector logo just fine.

(1) Make sure the Illustrator file has an up-to-date link when the PDF created.

(2) What PDF viewer are you using to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I think I found a solution, that is a bit complicated but solved the problem for now.

It still rastered the path from the illustrator file when exporting for interactive, but now i copied the path itself into my indesign document and with that it works fine. I put the illustrator file into the document as a reference (the left one). If you zoom in you can see, that the one in the low right corner doesnt lose quality (path in indesign) and in the left one the two people get pixolated. But thanks for the answer! If there is a way to get the result without having to put the path in indesign and realign etc. that would be great of course

(1) I relinked it several times

(2) Acrobat pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines