Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF with video

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I would like to design my portfolio including some project's videos but that's impossibile, the only way this videos work is by exporting them as Epub. This format it can be considered ok cause I need to export this file as an interactive PDF to send it to different companies to candidate my self for careers opportunities. (So it has to be a PDF) 

Is it possibile to fix this problem?

Videos that I'm charging are mp4 so it should be ok the format. 

TOPICS
EPUB , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

You can't use videos successfully in Interactive PDF's, consider InDesign's Publish Online facility instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

You can forget it right now. What you should do is create a website and point propective clients/employers to it. Adobe Portfolio websites are included as part of your subscription: Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use videos successfully in Interactive PDF's, consider InDesign's Publish Online facility instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can forget it right now. What you should do is create a website and point propective clients/employers to it. Adobe Portfolio websites are included as part of your subscription: Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll have a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, PDF is not the format for this. Publish Online is a fantastic alternative, though. Supports all of InDesign's interactive features, including video, and can be viewed in any broswer. Check out some of these examples, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks for your infos I'll have a look.

Anyway unfortunatly several companies require, to apply on their website or platform, a specific file that has to be attached, often it is required a PDF, cause readable for all kind of computers.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While plain vanilla PDFs may be readable on multiple platforms nothing could be further from the truth when it comes interactive PDF.

Unless you're happy with presenting links and static images, forget it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at in5, it's an InDesign plugin (at extra cost): https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem now... two years on. But i am seeing videoa successfully embedded into PDFs, just doen't work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shall I repeat what I said two years ago?

You can forget it right now. 

And I'll further add that as time goes on this just gets wonkier. Embedding videos in a PDF where you can't control how they'll be consumed is a fool's errand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines