• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an Interactive PDF, which have a series of checkboxes (120 rows, each row contains 5 checkboxes). Each Check box has a differenet value of 0-5. I would like to have a total figure for each row. Can I add a javascript functon for this, in Indesign. I know this can be created in the PDF, but I don't what to recreate this each time the client has an edit. Is there a way to do this in Indesign?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

As far as I know you cannot add the pdf javascript in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi @StaceyH., I'm not expert on this topic but I'm working on a project similar to what you describe and after some research I discovered:

1. @grefel is correct, the JavaScript cannot be done in Indesign and must be done in Acrobat Pro. 😞

2. Rather than "recreate this each time the client has an edit" what you can do is

(a) set up the interactive form in Acrobat, including JavaScript, and

(b) when you've made an edit to the Indesign document, export your newly edited pdf, and

(c) open the origi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know you cannot add the pdf javascript in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StaceyH., I'm not expert on this topic but I'm working on a project similar to what you describe and after some research I discovered:

1. @grefel is correct, the JavaScript cannot be done in Indesign and must be done in Acrobat Pro. 😞

2. Rather than "recreate this each time the client has an edit" what you can do is

(a) set up the interactive form in Acrobat, including JavaScript, and

(b) when you've made an edit to the Indesign document, export your newly edited pdf, and

(c) open the original pdf (the one from step (a) that has working form) and use Replace pages, replacing with the pages from the new pdf from step (b).

This way you don't have to redo forms each time, but there is that extra step of replacing pages. Someone may know a better way but that's what I've discovered so far. 

-Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks foe the tip Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines