Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDFs losing funcions when saved to Google folder

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created an interactive PDF with buttons and pop ups which work fine for myself and when emailed over to other people.

The file lost funcions for a client however after they had saved it to their Google folder, and if they opened it up from an email. I'm hoping its just because they are not using Adobe to view it.

I've created lots of interactive PDFs before but understand their are issues with interactive buttons etc so hoping the client will no longer use these.

Is there an export check box/preference I'm missing?

Any ideas greatfully received.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buttons and pop-ups are nothing short of a crapshoot even with Acrobat or Reader. You're not missing anything and the sooner you stop using these things, the better off you'll be. The chances of keeping your clients happy with these things is pretty slim, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and thought that was the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using InDesign's Publish Online facility instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen the issues reported the last few weeks? I have never recommended PO and I don't foresee any circumstance in which I would. If we had a better idea of the type of work the OP is doing, I might be in a better position to recommend something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have read about those issues and understand your views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines