Interactive "flip/scroll" image gallery (exported as PDF) in InDesign

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am attempting to create a 3 page interactive PDF document using InDesign. I want to create an interactive, scrollable image gallery (see attached screen shot for reference) and be able to export it as a PDF while the image gallery remains functional. When I set up the buttons to scroll through the image "states", and view it in the EPUB interactivity preview, the image gallery works perfectly.  When I attempt to export as "Adobe PDF (Interactive)" the image gallery is no longer functional in Acrobat or other PDF viewers. 

Should I be using a different export option? Is there a different way to create an interactive image gallery and export to PDF? Am I missing a step in my process? Should I not be using InDesign?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.  All I can find on a google search is how to create this type of image gallery with a SWF export & flash player, which is obviously no longer an option.  

Thanks much, 

Morgan 

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 4.01.30 PM.png

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll never get it to work in PDF. How will you distribute it? How will users view it?

This would be a piece of cake on a webpage.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at InDesign’s Publish Online facility as another alternative format.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could "fake it" by having the buttons actually switch to another page with a similar design making it look like the page is scrolling.

Otherwise, as Bob mentioned, forget about PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest taking a look at the in5 plugin for InDesign: https://ajarproductions.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines