Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive TOC with links back from Headings to TOC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

In a open access pdf I found Titles in the text that link back to the page in the TOC where this title is mentioned. This allows the reader to jump from the TOC to the text and back.

The Hyperlinks from TOC to title look like this:
a.indd:oso-9780190948313-chapter-1toc
And the one from the same title back to the TOC looks like this: 
a.indd:oso-9780190948313-chapter-1tocdiv

Does anybody know how this can be done?
Is there a built in function or maybe a script?

The mentioned pdf can also be downloaded here: https://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/academic/pdf/openaccess/9780190948313.pdf

Thank you for your help!
Maxim

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toc can be created via the commands in Layout > Table of content …

The jump back can be done via hypelinks Windows > Interactive > Hyperlinks and a target or bookmark set on the toc page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.
If I understand you correctly, this would mean to manually create a hyperlink for every title.
I wonder if there is a way to automate this, because I am working with long scientific documents with lots of titles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a single click per headline. You write once the link into the link panel, any other time, click on that link,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds interesting but I don't understand how you apply an existing link to selected text with one click.
If I select the text I want to turn into a hyperlink and click on a link in the hyperlink-panel nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution, but I want to point out an Acrobat feature that many overlook. The Previous and Next View icons used to be on the tool bar automatically many, many versions ago but now have to be added. Of course, they stay one once added.

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Max—m 

Perhaps the conversation on this thread might have the solution you are searching for.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-backlink-to-toc-on-a-pdf-created-from-ind...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines