• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to adjust the spacing before and after a multi level list set within body copy?

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i know about the between paragraph vs before/after paragraph spacing, and that's great, but when using a multi-level list this function breaks as each level has to be defined as a separate para style. For instance i have a body copy para style, and a list set within it, the list has three levels to denote sub and sub-sub bullets. I want the list to have smaller spacing between the body copy and the first list item, and increased spacing after the last bullet item before returning to body copy. 

without creating additional para styles is there a way to format the list to have tighter spacing at the start and more open spacing after?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  - the is a paragraph style setting under Indents and Spacing called Space Between Paragraphs Using Same Style.

Set that to 0, or a setting of your choice, and it will overide the regular Space Before and Space After settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm aware of that setting, but if a list is made of multiple styles in order to have multiple levels (i.e. level 1 with 20pt indent and a circle character, level 2 at 40pt indent with a dash character) the between paragraph spacing no longer applies because it recognizing the next level as a separate paragraph. in this case i want the spacing between the body copy and first bullet to be tighter than the body copies between para spacing, and the spacing between the last bullet and next body copy to be larger than the body copy between para spacing. I've included a visual reference, basically i'm trying to cut out having to use a new para style for the space after the last bullet at this point (Bullet lvl 1 increased space style in the figure), but can't figure out a way to do so withing the para style that also wont after the rest of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines