• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Is it possible to control fonts with an XML template?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm attempting to use InDesign to design cards for a board game. I have created an XML file so that I can create all of the cards from the same template. I would like to use the XML to mark sections of thext meant to be in a different font as in HTML. For example: "This is `<orng>`orange`</orng>` text.".

Is this possible when using XML templates in InDesign? If so, how do I accomplish it? I can't find any controls or menus that would let me define my tag as a `<span>`-like tag.

Cheers,

GR

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you mapped your Paragraph Styles to your content Tags ?

more at Tag content for XML in InDesign (adobe.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that what you are talking about is what I am trying to do. I guess that I have to create a paragraph or character style first, then map that to the XML tag I have created (<orng> in my example above), yes?

I am finding using the XML + tags interface a bit confusing. Once I have tagged all of my element frames in my Parent page, how do I make InDesign fill out all of my pages according to my premade XML file?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines