• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to link/embed a photo from a Flickr-account in Indesign-file?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a magazine every month for a local government. We have Flickr-account. I like to insert those pictures directly from the Flickr album into the magazine. Is this possible? I there a chance Adobe will provide a tool to make it possible to intergrate a Flickr album into Indesign.

Let me rephrase my problem. We have an heavely protected server on wich the most of our pictures are kept. Because we are a local government with public service, we show our photos on a Flickr accoutn. In the monthly magazien we like to use some of those pictures. but with the current Covid-measurements, i work from home. so the server on wich the photos are stored is connected through a VPN-line. super secured, so the dat transfer is very slow. What makes workign with larger files very difficult. Therefore I like to use the photos directly from Flickr. That connection is faster.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Luk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

No, InDesign links have to be local. You could copy and paste, but the images would be embedded and there would be no option to edit the original. On OSX the clipboard is PDF so there’s not a quality issue, but I’m not sure if that would be the case on Windows.

Your CC account has a file syncing feature that lets you share files remotely. Files saved to your local user>Creative Cloud Files folder can be synced with other CC users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, InDesign links have to be local. You could copy and paste, but the images would be embedded and there would be no option to edit the original. On OSX the clipboard is PDF so there’s not a quality issue, but I’m not sure if that would be the case on Windows.

Your CC account has a file syncing feature that lets you share files remotely. Files saved to your local user>Creative Cloud Files folder can be synced with other CC users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines