• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is possible works fine on INDESIGN?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can work anyway, considering one crash per day but this time the entire text of a chapter has disappeared and I can no longer delete the pages (or even a column) that the program crashes; tried on three other MACs the problem persists. Now what do I tell the customer?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

I suggest you Save the document as as IDML file and reopen it as an incrementally named INDD file, this will clear out the crud that can build up in a document and cause a corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried on three other MACs the problem persists.

So, it seems that the problem comes from the document, not InDesign. Did you try to export the file as idml, before doing anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is with the document generated by Indesign, so the problem is with Indesign :-). the management of the footnotes is indecorous, already manifested when the book had 30 pages, now it has 270. The last crash has altered the document in a fatal way, and also crashes when i create the package with idml. here we all work with catalina and INDESIGN 16 (manmini, imac, macbook pro) and in any case during the writing of books in recent years the problems have really increased such as to be afraid to finish a SERIOUS job correctly. Now I'm moving every single section to a new document and then revising it again, so the work is absurd. I can provide the file if it can help improve software development towards goals other than business card. Thanks for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is with the document generated by Indesign, so the problem is with Indesign 🙂

Of course, you are right, I just meant that the way to possibly find the issue was related to the document itself since it crashes on different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, sorry if i was rude )); I'm just tired as an adobe customer for 15 years of having more and more problems every time i have to make a book that is not just plain text. then the latencies caused by the use of EIZO monitors with specific profiles for prepress. is still abode a partner for professional use? idk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, sorry if i was rude ))

No problem, don't worry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>the problem is with the document generated by Indesign, so the problem is with Indesign :

Not necessarily--many outside factors could corrupt a document, including fonts, graphics, bad hardware.

Another page to check for troubleshooting is at:

https://www.ideastraining.com/TutorialsAndTips/TroubeshootInDesign.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I don't rule it out; ... will have been other times, but never happened to have an entire document damaged with x-press and so many crashes while working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines