• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a limit on interactive buttons per page?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an overview using show/hide buttons in InDesign, where you click on a product name and a table with the corresponding files appears.

It has worked flawlessly until I got to 100+ buttons, then the next buttons don't work.

If I remove some of the "old" buttons (green), the new ones (blue) works, or if I move it to a new page, the buttons work again. So is there a limit on interactive buttons per page in InDesign?

And is there a way around it?

Since it's an internal document I'm only interested in it working in Acrobat Reader on Windows, and don't care about ipad and mobile.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is suitable for simple and basic PDF forms but it is not a good tool for developing complex PDF forms.

The slowness and display bugs come from the way InDesign converts form fields and their actions into PDF.
If you developed your form with Acrobat Pro you wouldn't have these problems.

Otherwise, the answer to your question is: there is no limit to the number of form fields a PDF file can contain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I often use InDesign to design the form but use Acrobat DC or Adobe Form Designer to add all the interactivity if the form has too much complexity or too many fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to do it in Acrobat, as the document needs to be continuously maintained and modified in InDesign, but I found a solution where I only show/hide what is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to do it in Acrobat, as the document needs to be continuously maintained and modified in InDesign"

Acrobat Pro is made for that : you should use its "Replace pages" function for each new version of the document.
Only the page layouts are replaced, everything else (fields, comments, metadata...) remains intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines