Is there a way to auto-format (capitalize, italicize, etc.) a word every time it is used?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have several products we highlight in our collatoral that have model numers that are written with two capital letters followed by an italicized lowercase letter, such as ABc. At times, these documents can use these model numbers upwards of 50 times. Since we're pasting the copy from a Word document and then changing the text to our corporate font, we lose formatting on these model numbers once brought over into InDesign.

My question is: Is there anyway to auto-format words such as "abc" and "def" anytime they are used so that they appear as "ABc" and "DEf"? Or is my only option to perform a find and replace and change each one manually?

I know this is a very specific question but I'd figured I'd ask if it can save me a half-hour of changing the formatting manually.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jon5EE9,

You can copy text from Word and keep it's formatting by setting the Clipboard Handling preference as shown below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.36.40 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Nested Styles.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grep styles can do that.

What is (are) the word(s)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines