• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to create a repeating box template in InDesign?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I want to create a repeating box template like this alert box in image below:

bb.jpg

I'm looking for a way to create this box automatically anywhere in my book.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

You can create Paragraph Borders via Paragraph formatting, which can be saved as a Paragraph Style. The Alert Box text overlaying the border can also be styled, here I'm stroking the text with white and adjusting the baseline via Baseline Shift:

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bunch of 'em. Which one you'd choose would depend on how you created the element and how you wanted to use it.

The simplest is to save it as a library item, which will store type and graphic elements, including any styles applied. So design one example the way you'd like, drag it into the library and it'll be available to drag back down whenever you need one.

You can learn more about that here.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create Paragraph Borders via Paragraph formatting, which can be saved as a Paragraph Style. The Alert Box text overlaying the border can also be styled, here I'm stroking the text with white and adjusting the baseline via Baseline Shift:

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note saying this is the best method, but you can do it in one style if you don't mind typing a few spaces in front of the alert text.

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines