• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to extract master page preview image from template file?

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the task where i should get list of master pages of indd file and display them in some UI. The only problem which i faced with is that besides name i need to have image of master page (example on the screenshot below), so user can easily navigate thought them. I haven't find where it can be extracted. I found that each master page have collection allGraphics, which consists of individual images of this page and they can be easily exported in a file, but it's not a final view of master page. Is there any way to get it besides applying master spread to some newly created page and exporting it? Maybe indesign stores somewhere this icon which we can see on pages tab? I would appreciate any advice)

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 18.02.41.png

 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's possible to do this. 

There's a script here for batch export indesign files - I don't know if it will help you

https://creativepro.com/files/kahrel/indesign/batch_convert.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Eugene, but that script can't be used to extract those images. In fact, I don't think it's possible at all to extract those thumbnails with a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just meant might be able to export the pages on masters as png or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines