• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to lock a pages location in the window?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to lock a pages location in the window? If not it would be a really great enhancement!

Such as this example where I have located the page in the center of the workspace:

SCR-20221023-hpi.png

And then unintentionally I move it with in the frame:

SCR-20221023-hq2.png

This could be single page or a spread. 

Having the ability to, with a shortcut, set this position for this page or any page in the document to remain in the same position relative to the window.

Thanks for taking a moment to consider this!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't lock a page location. This is a user-to-user forum where we offer help using InDesign. If you would like to file a feature request, you can do so here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/.

You can quickly recenter a page or spread using one of the following options:

• View > Fit Page in Window
  • View > Fit Spread in Window
  • Double click on the Hand tool in the Toolbox
  • Ctrl/Cmd+0 (Fit Page in Window)
  • Ctrl+Alt/Cmd+Opt+0 (Fit Spread in Window)
  • Double click the page icon in the Pages panel (Fit Page in Window)
  • Double click the – between a page range in the Pages panel (Fit Spread in Window)

Pick one (or two) and you will be recentered in no time. 

FWIW, I tend to use Ctrl+Alt/Cmd+Opt (Fit Spread in Window) but most of my students prefer to double click the Hand tool.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb

I am aware of this but thanks for making this clear to all that what I am asking for is not currently possible.

I tagged this as a Suggested Enhancement so if I am not posting this in the correct forum please direct me to the most appropriate one.

I have been an Indesign user for 20+ years and this lack of a solution has bugged me for at least that long. I do not think it is a big ask.
Michael 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @michaelr38258693:

For some reason most of us don't understand, there is a feature request tag here. I agree, it's confusing.

However, if you would like to file a feature request, you can do so here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/. Requested features can recieve votes. If a feature gets a lot of votes on that site, it will garner the InDesign engineering team's attention. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines