• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to only show the grid on the document itself not the pasteboard?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having it spill over to the pasteboard makes it harder to see the document boundaries. I want the grid exclusively on the document itself, is that an option somewhere? I can't find a relevant preferences setting.

Thanks

Fastertrack_0-1655987637282.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no way to contain the document grid to just the document itself. Will be curious to see if anyone else comes up with a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but depending on the application this might be a workaround. 

Add a ruler guide at the top of the page, step and repeat until it fills the page. Add a ruler guide at the far left. Step and repeat until it fills the page. I'm incrementing them at 0.125" to match the default document grid values.

~Barb

s&r.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the guide and grid colors so that there's better contrast. See Preferences | Guides.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're already doing the best that can be expected; set high contrast for the pasteboard, and use the difference in color between the white page and the dark pasteboard to clearly define your page edges.

But as far as a toggle switch that'd let you define design grids on just the pages, as others have said, that doesn't exist.

Sorry I don't have better news for you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Swandive stream , you could make the grid lines the same color as the pasteboard. Here I have my Interface Theme set to Medium Light with Match Pasteboard to Theme checked and a Custom Document Grid color set to 73% Brightness:

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So clever, Rob.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines