• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to find out which indesign file my pdf is exported from?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the unfortunate situation that I can not find my indesign file, I only have an exported pdf. Is there a way i can find out which indesign file my pdf was exported from and possibly where that file is located?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into file meta information. If nothing is found, make a copy of the file an open it with a text editor. If you find nothing important go to your computer search and look of some important words. If that does not help, you might be out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Freja239782959k0b ,

Not good news I'm afraid.

You're going to have to do some sleuthing.

Determine the date and timestamp of the PDF, then try find InDesign files in that ballpark if you have saved it.

Good luck

mj

mj_0-1649613505649.png

mj_1-1649613505665.png

mj_2-1649613505665.png

Mohammed Jogie |
Institute of Media, Stretegy and Design |
Adobe Certified Associate |  Expert | Instructor |
Adobe Community Professional | Creative Ambassador | User Group Manager |
Member International Society of Typographic Designers | Lifetime Friend International Council of Design | Interaction Design Association Local Leader |
Member Pan Afrikan Design Institute | Ambassador Visual Arts Network South Africa | Central Executive Committee Member Printing SA |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I forgot to add, you can try using Bridge to filter InDesign and PDF files only do a visual comaprison.

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines