• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this considered an InDesign ebook? How to?

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone knows how to create something like this, -- any advice, direction, tutorials? This is totally new to me and I have been asked to figure it out. Not sure where to start. 
https://indd.adobe.com/view/a22d15b2-b764-43e8-8a06-bfaa82b793a3

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure what you need help with.

It's made with Indesign using the Publish Online feature 

There's very basic animation and multistate objects used, I think.

Looks very straightforward to create.

What part are you specifically stuck at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

I am only familir with creating print documents, so in terms of "what part I am stuck on" ...I would say:

1) How to create interactive page tabs at the top of each page?  It appears these TABS represent chapters with several page layouts imbedded inbetween each tab. I am not familiar with anything animation related or automated — so in terms of mindset — do I lay this out as a normal 45 page INDD document as I would for a normal print project, and THEN add automation arrows, and draw recatangle tabs that automate etc?

2) That sadid, how does one actually make the chapter/tabs? New concept to me, not familiar with anything automated or interactive. Does INDD come with this capbility and tuts within the software to show you how to do this?

3) In your opinion are all of these attributes available to me in InDesign CC ...or do I need to buy additional capabilities to tack onto my INDD program? Are the automation features with tabs, videos, animations all included in InDesign or do I need to level up my subscription to have access to these features?

Apprecaite your help, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if this is considered an ebook or an interactive PDF? Not sure where to start, which is it please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The term eBook is the generic name for digital publsications. There are various formats, each has advantages (features) and disavantages – none is perfect. The formats include PDF (interactive and otherwise), InDesign's Publish Online, Reflowable ePub and FXL ePub. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that clarification Derek. You are by far the most concise, knowledgeable and helpful person I've encountered in the forums--I truly appreciate your time and energy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You deserve it Derek, keep up all the great work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to create InDesign documents, then Publish Online is fairly easy to learn – have a look at this excellent step-by-step video tutorial (you can get 30-days free access): https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-publish-online-2?trk=learning-serp_learning-search-card_s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

Yes, I am familiar with creating InDesign documents for print. It's the automation and interactive aspects of this document that are throwing me off. Not sure how to approach building something like this given it has so many interactive aspects. I appreciate you sending the tutorial link. That might be what I need to do in order to gain a better grasp. Greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an Adobe Help file which explaiuns how to use Publish Online:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/publish-online.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines