• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with 'b' key changing fill colour in InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign seems to have picked up a shortcut or something along the way. Typing a lower case 'b' results in the fill colour changing to white. Upper case is fine and it only occurs in InDesign, other Adobe apps seem unaffected (have tested in Illustrator).

I've searched the forum but can't find any posts with this issue. I've tried resetting/deleting the preferences and have tried to find any strange shortcuts but couldn't find it. I'm getting around it today by turning on Dynamic Spelling but this will only work until I have to use any unrecognised words.

If anyone has got any ideas or solutions, it would be very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should not be happening, at least with the current version of InDesign CC 2021. Typing a "b" should bring up the Content Collector Tool. This works whether a frame is selected or not. Check through Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts>Tools>Toggle Content Collector and Content Placer that your key command shows as in the screen shot below.  If it is not showing as here then try changing it in the New Shortcut field and see if that fixes the problem. Do it with no document open and it will then become the program default after quitting the program and then relaunching. BTW, I do realize that the screenshot is showing a capital B but it is supposed to work whether the Cap Lock or Shift is on or not.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.36.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines