• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with creating Hyperlink to another indd document

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi would be great if anyone could give some advice/help with this...

I have a booklet that is split up into lots of sections (different indd files) and I simply want to create a link that will go to the content page (Which is in a different document). When I create a New Hyperlink, seletct Page and under Destination where is says Document I select the content page.indd file. But when I do, it just defaults back to the document I am currently on. In other words it wont let me select any other document to link too!

I have tried other files, within the same booklet and the same thing happends. It doesnt matter what document I select it wont let me select it! So I am unable to set a Hyperlink to any other page in a different document.

I'm running InDesign version 16.4 (not the newest version as a plugin I need isn't supported on the latest version).

Does anyone what might be causing this issue??
Any help would be much apprechiated!
Thanks,

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Looks like I have figured it out with..

My content page started with a hyphen ' - ' at the beginning of the file name. Removing that now lets me pick it as a document and link too and strangely now all the others ones work too.

Weird issue? but problem seems to be solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I have figured it out with..

My content page started with a hyphen ' - ' at the beginning of the file name. Removing that now lets me pick it as a document and link too and strangely now all the others ones work too.

Weird issue? but problem seems to be solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines