• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Font Not Showing in InDesign Documents

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I noticed that text in a particular font, Proxima Nova Regular, is not showing in InDesign documents that I view. This is a font that I need to be able to use for a client. I opened the textbox in Story Editor, and I see the text, so I know the text is there. When I change the font to Proxima Nova Bold, the text shows, so the issue seems to be just with Proxima Nova Regular. I’ve tried closing InDesign and opening it again. I’ve tried shutting down my computer and restarting. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign. I’ve update to the newest version of InDesign (18.1 x64). I tried deactivating and reactivating the font. I’ve looked at multiple documents and I see the same issues. I tried copying the document to my desktop and opening it from there, but I still see the same issues. I tried resetting my preferences and that didn’t help. I talked to another user, and she is able to view the documents without issues. Also, today, I’ve noticed a couple of additional issues: InDesign seems to be very slow in loading the document and some of the images aren’t showing. I have Windows 10 Pro, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59 GHz, 8.00 GB (7.80 GB usable), 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

Please, somebody help!

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

It looks like you've changed the display performance to fast. Change it under View > Display Performance > and choose typical or high quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the font show up in other apps and docs, for example, in Word?

Do they show up in the font viewer when you open the font file directly?

Have you tried either printing a page or two of the document, or exporting it to PDF, to see if the font shows up then?

Windows is simpler than MacOS in that all fonts tend to live in one place and activate for all apps simultaneously, so it's unlikely to be some of the subtle problems encountered there. In addition to the quick checks above, you might try uninstalling the whole font set, rebooting, and then reinstalling from known-good copies of the font files. (If you encounter any problems with, say, looking at them in the file/font viewer, you might ask your client for new files and verify the file sizes at their end to make sure.) Ah, an Adobe font; make that 'download and install fresh copies.'

Report back if any of that helps... or not.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks for your quick reply. I uninstalled all Proxima Nova fonts and reinstalled them as you suggest, and that seems to have fixed the issue of text in that font not showing. Thanks! However, I started seeing another issue today of images not showing. Please see attached screenshot. I have worked in these InDesign documents numerous times before, but I never saw this issue until today. I appreciate any help you can give with this other issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've changed the display performance to fast. Change it under View > Display Performance > and choose typical or high quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed the issue. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines