• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with indesign after OS upgrade to 12.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO i ran the update this morning. Now i can't just "save" files to my external hard drive in indesign 17.2 without them then opening up as READ OLNY. Locally it works fine though.

I've check all pernissions did an indesign reinstall - ALso tried a different external drive but still the same issue arises. SO its must be an OS/indisng issue.

Are there any solutions to this or has anyone else come across this since updating?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Had the same issue with a few clients, Sophos AV caused the issue. Weirdly only happens with InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop saved fine.

InDesign would save to the local machines SSD fine, tried connecting to the network share using AFP / SMB made no difference.

Do you have Sophos AV installed by any chance?

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

not sure what : Sophos AV is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just searched on mu HD and nothing has come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear its sorted - Sophos is an Anti Virus product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having identical issues after updating to 12.3.1, across Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.

Also experiencing issues with linked images in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been searching for fixes - but no joy. thought it was my external drive giving up at first. HAve been in chats with Adobe and someone is calling me back at some point. Its got to be an OS/CC conflict somewhere.  ANy idea of any fixes apart from saving locally then copying across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, they've only followed up with asking me if I'm able to do that (save to desktop and drag over)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has worked for me -

"Go to your Mac System Preferences/Security and Privacy and grant Illustrator Full Disk Access."

You may have to click on the "+" and add Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! genius!!! That has worked perfectly - thanks so much. The update must have chnaged the settings somehow 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines