• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with placing PDFs in Indesign

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im having issues placing any PDFs in any Indeisgn documtents. The PDFs are placing fine in illustrator. The PDFs are only 2-10mb in size. I spoke to adobe support live chat and they could'nt manage to figure it out either. It's an issue with Indesign due to the PDFs opening fine on all other sorftware. The PDFs just stay loading when trying to place them in indesign. Ive placed a screenshot of the notifcation in this post. Im using the most up to date indesign 2022 software on a Macbook Pro 2016 model. Does anyone have any suggestions or can explain why this might be happening? Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 22.36.00.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by resetting the prefs: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried the above steps and am still having the same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the keyboard method, try doing it manually. I've oulined the steps in this very old thread Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your preferences  (the folder info should still be valid).

It may help to completely empty the Indesign Caches folder where you find the InDesign SavedData file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I tired completely emptying the Indesign Caches folder with the InDesign SavedData file and this didn't work. I'll try that link you sent. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place PDFs into InDesign, it is best to use PDF/x-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines