• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with spacing when text box is on page vs on pasteboard.

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm losing my mind here. This text block looks fine while on the pasteboard (see top image) but when I drag it to the page it's like it double-spaces (see bottom image). It is copy and pasted from our website. The text settings are the same, my other text blocks do not do it. I tried copying another text block and pasting the text inside. I tried making a new text block and retyping. I don't have any character style applied. One thing that does work is copying one of the old text blocks and retyping but I can't retype everything for all of the new items in this catalog. What have I changed/done wrong? I've copy pasted from our website many times and it has never done this.

I did notice that in the Text Wrap palette the button for "Wrap around object shape" has a blue dot on it, that is new and if I click it it doesn't go away.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Check your paragraph settings - it's acting like Align to Baseline Grid is selected. (lower right on the Paragraph panel)

Here is a paragraph with the exact same settings - one on and one off the document page. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your paragraph settings - it's acting like Align to Baseline Grid is selected. (lower right on the Paragraph panel)

Here is a paragraph with the exact same settings - one on and one off the document page. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was my issue!! I must have clicked it by accident! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines