• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues exporting PDF (ID 2023)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have some major issues exporting PDFs since updating to ID 2023. strangely not with all documents. The affected files are technically fine. Packaging works. But even than the export crashs by about 80%. The Idml-File I even can not open. Does anyone make similar experiences since updating?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Yeah I actually work with a Mac. But unfortunately it did not work. Reinstalling neither. Maybe the files get damaged when converting to the new ID version? When I create a new file the PDF export works. But with some files I created before updating to ID 2023 it still does not 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot imagine them being damaged.

You should try to export to IDML from the previous version of Indesign (the version that created the files - there might be minor corruption in the original that is not translating well).

Then open the IDML from the old version to the new. 

If you can - you should continue using the older version of InDesign to complete any existing work - and save an IDML of those files from the older version just in case. 

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines